(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website:
- (b) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (c) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- (d) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- (e) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Other disclosures
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
(5) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £15.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email to email@example.com at any time.
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.